Blocked Internet Sites
I was going to write a post questioning why the work proxy server blocks the National Lottery site, but when I went there to check the link worked, I didn't have any trouble getting there.
Which leaves me topicless for this post. I was initially gonna write something about the lottery being blocked so you can't find out you've won at work, and then tell the company to go swivel, at least that's what I thought it might be.
But now the lottery site is accessible again. I wonder why it was unblocked? Did they have an influx of users complaining that they couldn't fritter away their pounds on a near-impossible dream?
Hmmmmm.... guess I'll never know.
In other news, I've decided life becomes more interesting when you forgo sleep for Oblivion time. God, I'm such a nerker (Geek). :)
Which leaves me topicless for this post. I was initially gonna write something about the lottery being blocked so you can't find out you've won at work, and then tell the company to go swivel, at least that's what I thought it might be.
But now the lottery site is accessible again. I wonder why it was unblocked? Did they have an influx of users complaining that they couldn't fritter away their pounds on a near-impossible dream?
Hmmmmm.... guess I'll never know.
In other news, I've decided life becomes more interesting when you forgo sleep for Oblivion time. God, I'm such a nerker (Geek). :)
6 Comments:
Is oblivion very good, then? I have a copy of it for PC which I haven't tried playing yet. If it comes highly recommended, I have some holiday time waiting to be filled :)
If you actually schedule holiday time to play video gamers or do anything other than go someplace warm and sunny and drink, then you are indeed a nerker, and have latent homosexual anti social disorders that need resolution, most likely in the form of electro shock therapy.
Foss, Yeise, Oblivion is enormous fun. Bearing in mind the last 2 role playing games I played properly were Final Fantasy 7 and Diablo, I didn't get this when it came out, because I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. How wrong I was. My body prefers to play Oblivion than sleep, it seems, as I've only had about 4 hours sleep a night since I got it.
It will certainly give you something to do during your holiday time, providing you're not planning on anything else, like eating or sleeping. The best thing is that it's actually quite fun to wander around not doing any of the missions, so I've played it for over 30 hours so far, and I'm still not that far in (level 19)! Also, the game is really pretty - the 360 shows it off well, and doing stuff like standing around watching a sunrise is very pretty and quite relaxing!
It says on the game "Live another life, in another world", or something like that, and it's right. I'm sat here thinking about my "other life" and wishing I didn't have to stay in work till 5pm...
Jeff, I wouldn't take leave especially to play a computer game, but given the opportunity I may spend a large portion of that leave playing games. As a single man with no wench, I am not bound by cries such as "you love that thing more than me!" or "I'm bored, let's go for a walk" and am therefore free to spend my time however I like.
Some might also argue that it is more 'sad' going on holiday on your own that it would be to spend your leave playing games. The gaming version is certainly a lot cheaper, and if you're trying to save money (like I am) it's a much better alternative. That and I don't have anyone to go on Holiday with too!
Electro-Shock Therapy makes me smile. Mainly because they don't do it the same as they used to (they only electrocute one half of the brain nowadays), but it really does work, and nobody really knows why!
I have noticed the green poo phenomenon, both in myself and my son, after eating candy or drinks with purple dye, such as grape flavored soda. My little boy delights in describing his poo poo to me, as he is only 4 years old and still needs a bit of help at times.
Well I'm sure he has it to look forward to for the rest of his life. I'm 27, and I still delight in poo talk, especially if you've had one you're convinced will be a danger to shipping, but when you check it out, it turns out it's a ghost shit, and is nowhere to be found. Mysterious.
To me the most satisfying is the "clean break". That is the poo that when you look at the toilet paper after wiping, and it is completely clean. Ahhh what a satisfying feeling to have a nice clean break in the morning to start the day.
Post a Comment
<< Home